Complete pest package
We will treat any sized home for
Treating your home, inside and out for: Cockroaches, Ants, Spiders, Silverfish.
Full 12-month service warranty, even on ants and spiders
+ FREE ANNUAL TERMITE CHECK
How to identify if you have rodents in your house.
September 24, 2023
- Droppings: Rodent droppings are one of the most common signs of an infestation. Mouse droppings are small and pointed at both ends, while rat droppings are larger and blunt at one end. Rodent droppings can be found in a variety of places, including behind appliances, in cupboards, and in corners of rooms.
- Gnaw marks: Rodents gnaw on things to file down their teeth and to get to food and water. Look for gnaw marks on wood, plastic, and other materials around your house.
- Noises: Rodents are nocturnal animals, so you may hear them scurrying around or making other noises at night.
- Tracks: Rodents can leave tracks in dust, dirt, and other soft surfaces, these tracks are usually rodent urine. Look for tracks in areas where you have seen other signs of rodent activity and clean with a disinfectant.
- Nests: Rodents build nests in secluded areas, such as behind walls, in attics, and under appliances. Nests are typically made of shredded paper, fabric, and other soft materials.
If you see any of these signs, it is important to contact Hitman Pest Control to fix the issue. Rodents can carry diseases and parasites, and they can also cause damage to your property.
Here are some additional tips for identifying rodents in your house:
- Turn off the lights and listen quietly at night. Rodents are more active at night, so you may be able to hear them scurrying around or making other noises.
- Inspect your home carefully for signs of rodent activity. This includes looking for droppings, gnaw marks, tracks, and nests.
- Pay attention to your pets. Dogs and cats have a good sense of smell and hearing, so they may be able to detect rodents before you can.
If you are unsure whether or not you have rodents in your house, it is best to contact Hitman Pest Control. They can inspect your home and identify the presence of rodents. They can also recommend the best course of action to control the infestation.