Complete pest package
We will treat any sized home for
Treating your home, inside and out for: Cockroaches, Ants, Spiders, Silverfish.
Full 12-month service warranty, even on ants and spiders
+ FREE ANNUAL TERMITE CHECK
How to spot if you have Termites in Your House.
December 11, 2023
Hitman Pest Control outlines for you ways to identify if you have termites in your house:
- Termite droppings: Termite droppings, also known as frass, are small, wood-colored pellets. They can be found on the ground around your house, inside walls, and under furniture.
- Mud tubes: Termites build mud tubes to protect themselves from the elements and predators. These tubes can be found on the foundation of your house, up the sides of walls, and even inside walls.
- Hollow-sounding wood: If you tap on a piece of wood and it sounds hollow, it may be a sign that termites have eaten away at the inside of the wood.
- Swarmers: Termite swarmers are winged termites that fly out of their colony to mate and start new colonies. Swarmers can be found in your home during the spring and summer months.
- Damaged wood: Termite damage can be seen in wood that is soft, spongy, or peeling. Termites may also cause wood to buckle or warp.
If you see any of these signs, it is important to contact a Hitman Pest Control immediately. Termites can cause serious damage to your home, and they can be difficult to get rid of.
Here are some additional tips for identifying termites in your house:
- Inspect your home for signs of termite activity regularly. Pay particular attention to areas where wood is present, such as the foundation of your house, walls, and furniture.
- If you see any signs of termite activity, do not disturb it. This could spread the termites to other parts of your house.
- Contact Hitman Pest Control to inspect your home and recommend a course of treatment.
Early detection and treatment are essential for controlling termite infestations. By following these tips, you can help to protect your home from termite damage.